This Model Railway depicts BHP Billiton's long iron ore railway from Port Hedland to Newman.

Saturday 28 April 2012

The little Speeder Shed (or that's what its suppose to be...)



My first scratchbuilding project has begun - or had begun (a week ago) - in the form of a little speeder shed. My search for the instructions of how to scratchbuild a shed led me to a very useful website with the plans and instructions to build a speeder shed. This was the motivation I needed! I soon had the plans studied:

There are obviously no speeders on the iron ore train line in Western Australia, so I will use the shed for something else...
I ordered the wood from Black Bear Construction co as I had nothing so small lying around.

First is the scale 6"x8" bearers - cut to length with my Stanley knife and glued with PVA wood glue.
Then the scale 2"x6" joists are cut and glued in place (i used 2"x8" although it doesn't make a big difference)


Next the scale 2"x6" (again I used 2"x8") floorboards were glued in place - I used a pen lid to dab the glue where I wanted it (sorry about the bad pic)


This is the result of all of the floorboards attached - then the whole thing painted with Wattyl wood stain.


No comments:

Post a Comment